Hello from the Philippines. I just uploaded new videos from China, Greece and Luxembourg! It was great time in Guangzhou, students of GAFA Gunagzhou Academy Of Fine Arts and of Guangdong AIB Polytechnic College made some great new videos. Also, Demosthenes Agrafiotis from Greece send a video statement, reflecting the state of the global crisis. And my biggest project supporter in Guangzhou, Luxembourg artist Frank Gerlitzki, now based in China, made a very nice „Bubbles“ video. Thank you, also to EVERYBODY made these events possible !!!
After a one week woorkshop at cultural center METAHOUSE in Phnom Penh: Saturday 21 January 2011, 7PM: Project presentation „H-O-P-E: UNITED NATIONS REVISITED“ asks youth from all over the globe about their perceptions of the UN German media artist Alfred Banze is inspired by a mural inside the „UN Security Council Conference Hall“. Project participants develop so-called „remixes“ (of parts) of this painting. Results become part of an interactive video installation in Berlin, 2012. The event was well visited, and the following film got special applause: „La Mission“ , „7.000.000.000.000“ , and of cause the new videos made in Cambodia, „What´s the Difference“, World Heritage“ and „Global Warming“.
My 11. day in Kinshasa. The election is finnished. The last president, Mr. Kalimba made it again, with a lot of help of money and violence. The opposition is angry, there are riots in the streets of Kinshasa, the center of the opposition movement. Last night, in the neigbourhood of the art academy, a mango fruit fell down on the roof of one of the students houses. A youg woman woke u and screemed very loud, a long time, until she was stopped by other students. This showed me a little the backside of the situation here. Its is a tensed situaton, waiting for more violence. Maybe this girl had post war traumata, maybe she was just a little to nervous. Me, i got nervous, too.
The students work very hard on their works. The final presentation of 10 new videos and other project will be on thursday 15 december, parallel to a presentation at the videofestival VIDEOMEDEJA in Serbia.
We started our workshop at Académie des Beaux-Arts Kinshasa right at the day after my arrival. It is a difficult time here: The election of the president of R.D. Congo takes place, and there is a lot tention in the air. On next tuesday, 6 December, the results will be anounced on television, and on this and on the next day, it is wise to stay at home. In the workshop, we are a group of 10 young men and one female student.
A preview on a first module of the H-O-P-E installation. It was realized at a workhop in january 2011 with students Prof. Amrit Chusuwan at the Silpakorn University in Bangkok. The short video focus on the situation while the riots in Bangkok in 2010, when advisors of the UNITED NATIONS were invited to Thailand.
Recent Comments on Videos
- abanze you cannot find the films? Look at the navigation at the top. left side, under H-O-P-E you will see the links to the video clips, ... - H·O·P·E - Aug 07, 2:12 PM
- Alex aus Moabit Hallo, ich habe damals in Berlin Moabit die Idee einer neuen Welt mit den Chaos verglichen. Mir gefällt es nicht was ich damals gesagt habe, ... - Chaos - Jun 07, 9:09 PM
- abanze good movie tonight at meta house! Ana Nov General Manager Ang Khmer Group Cambodia - Global Warming - Jan 23, 2:59 AM
- tresor kintoki guerilla le changement universel tant qu il aura la parole on parlera du changement universel internet a fait de cinq continent une meme parcelle dans tous ... - Pourqoi la Guerre au Congo? - Dez 19, 2:27 PM
- abanze moi ntumi-landu artiste scupter pour moi les nations unies en RDcongo ce question d-ettonement pour une presance des occidento me, il ya rien comme cecoure ... - La Face Obscure des Nations... - Dez 19, 2:26 PM
- FAUSTIN Mutambayi c'est une vidéo qui remet en question la mission de Nations Unies en Afrique et en République Démocratique du Congo en particulier... - La Mission - Dez 19, 2:09 PM
- abanze je suis barry mody artiste visuelle, est pour moi les Nation Unies revisite en Republique Democratque du Congo est un questionnement de cette fameuse presence. ... - La Face Obscure des Nations... - Dez 19, 2:06 PM
- TENDA le palabre est une vidéo qui etablit un rapport communicationel entre le meeting sous les arbres en afrique, les meetings au siège des nations unies ... - Le Palabre - Dez 19, 2:01 PM
- abanze This is a war song: Mama Papa Yaka ! We have learned to kill ! We have to learn to love ! http://unitedna tionshope.de/h- o-p-e/pourqoi-l a-guerre-au-con go/ - Pourqoi la Guerre au Congo? - Dez 18, 9:21 AM
- abanze The presentation at Videomedeja is only on a computer with headphones. This is a kind of disapointing! Anyway, hello from KInshasa. Enjoy the newest videos ... - H·O·P·E - Dez 15, 7:59 PM
- Older »